ALPHARETTA, Ga., Aug. 08, 2016 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Aptean, a leading provider of mission critical enterprise software solutions, announced today the acquisition of the Government & Enterprise Management Solutions (GEMS) Division from StarDyne Technologies, which provides offerings including Financial ERPs, Revenue Management Systems, Citizen Portals, Tax and Utility Billing Systems, and Enterprise Asset Management Solutions to the public sector, as well as private sector organizations.
“The GEMS business strengthens our presence in the public sector where we see a tremendous amount of organic and inorganic growth opportunity” said Kim Eaton, Aptean CEO. “The GEMS businesses have a history of providing best in class, regionally-focused software and services to their customers and we are excited to partner with the GEMS team to leverage Aptean’s customer-focused approach, research and development expertise, and operating model to capitalize on the opportunities in this market.”
“This is an exciting step for GEMS to be part of a larger organization focused on bringing relevant and trusted enterprise software solutions to organizations globally,” said David Burke, StarDyne Technologies CEO. “Aptean’s commitment to providing exceptional customer service and support as well as their strategy to make key innovative product investments will bring new long-term benefits to the GEMS customer base.”
The individual GEMS product lines provide market-leading software and related services primarily in the public sector. They include:
- Diamond Municipal Solutions (www.diamondmunicipal.com) – an ERP solution focused on financial and revenue management software with over 300 public sector customers in North America.
- Vadim Software (www.vadimsoftware.com) – an integrated financial and asset management ERP solution for municipalities, local governments, and utility companies throughout North America.
- Tempest Development Group (www.tempestdg.com) – a software suite for property and revenue generating systems, including Desktop Mapping, Bylaw Enforcement, Licensing, Centralized Cash Collection, Permits and Development Tracking, and Citizen Self-Service to the local government sector.
- United Systems Technology Inc. (www.unitedsystech.com) – a cloud-based suite of SaaS applications designed exclusively for local governments with over 30 integrated modules to handle fund accounting, utility billing, property tax billing, permits, licenses, code violations, municipal court and public safety needs for local government entities throughout North America.
Additionally, the Integrated Customer Solutions (ICS) group, within GEMS includes four product lines:
- PathFive (www.pathfive.ca) – a web-based software applications and services solution supporting municipalities across Canada to facilitate recreation management, events, tourism, facilities, fire hall or police services as well as education communication.
- Yfactor (www.yfactor.com) – a web-based marketing and technology solution for economic development and tourism for both non-profit and for-profit sectors.
- WorkTech (www.worktech.ca) – a suite of robust operations management software applications designed exclusively for the public sector in the areas of infrastructure maintenance planning and execution, job and project costing, and financial systems interfaces.
- Stone Orchard (www.stoneorchardsoftware.com) – a record management solution provided to more than 550 cemeteries, crematoriums, and funeral homes around the world customized to the unique needs of the industry while complying with government legislation and regulations.
Financial terms of the sale were not disclosed.
ABOUT STARDYNE TECHNOLOGIES INC.
StarDyne Technologies provides market leading software and related services to the public sector, primarily local government and education markets. StarDyne offers, through its group companies, alternative and complimentary solutions to satisfy customer requirements. StarDyne has invested substantially in its companies through product development, market expansion and acquisitions. The StarDyne Group serves over 2,000 customers in its Government and Enterprise Management Solutions Division and over 400 school districts (private and public), comprising approximately 8,000 schools, serving over 3 million K-12 students in its Education Solutions Division. For more information, visit www.stardynetech.com.
Aptean is a leading provider of mission critical enterprise software solutions. We build and acquire industry-focused solutions to support the evolving operational needs of our customers. Our solutions help nearly 5,000 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by enabling them to operate more efficiently, thereby ensuring higher customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.aptean.com.
Aptean is a trademark of Aptean, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.
FOR MORE INFORMATION Media Relations Melissa Floyd, Aptean firstname.lastname@example.org