A total of 230 cases of unauthorized drone flights around the presidential office were reported as of last year, since the top office relocated to Seoul's central district of Yongsan in 2022, an opposition lawmaker said, citing military data. Rep. Choo Mi-ae of the main opposition Democratic Party released the Capital Defense Command data, saying the top office has become more vulnerable in the new location than it was in the former presidential complex of Cheong Wa Dae. According to the data, there were 89 unauthorized drone flights in the P-73 no-fly zone around the presidential office in 2022 after President Yoon Suk Yeol moved the office to Yongsan in May, while 141 such cases were reported last year. When the top office was in Cheong Wa Dae, only 163 such cases were reported between 2020 and 2022. Choo said drones flying over the presidential office can pose a big threat to national security. "A security vacuum has become a reality due to the unreasonable presidential office relocation to Yongsan," Choo said. "We need to come up with special measures to crack down on this." Source: Yonhap News Agency
230 cases of unauthorized drone flights reported around Yongsan’s presidential office: lawmaker
Recent Posts
Taiwan’s Export Orders Reach Record High in July Amid AI Demand
August 20, 2026
Taiwan’s July Export Orders Reach New Heights Amid AI Demand
August 20, 2026
Uganda Returns Withheld Passports to Taiwanese Nationals
August 20, 2026
Uganda Returns Passports Withheld from Taiwanese Nationals
August 20, 2026
CEC Announces Comprehensive Nov. 28 Local Elections in Taiwan
August 20, 2026